Cannabis capsules are basically capsules that someone can have orally to improve one’s diet and is good if you don’t like the taste of these plants, and it can actually offer new, intriguing recipes for this. Cannabis in capsules helps with two major limitations for this, and you can even make these for therapeutic means, or recreational means, depending on what you need to use it for.
How to make it with Coconut oil
The biggest part of this is the oil. Coconut oil is really good because at room temperature, it’s solid, and if the temperatures fall below a certain level, it can actually be solid, which does prevent leakage. Vegetable oil is also good because of the MCT in it, which means that the cannabinoids will be absorbed readily.
To make this, you need to have the following:
- Dried flowers, at least 10 grams
- 2 cups coconut oil
- Small gel capsules. You should try to get those with gelatine in them, since gelatine-free will degrade really quickly
- a capsule machine or a small dish with some dry rice so that it keeps the capsules in one place while being filled
- a syringe, dropper, or a pipette
- A sieve
- A laser thermometer to help with monitoring the temperature when you extract this.
The directions to make this are as follows:
- Break the cannabis into a fine level with a grinder to make it all small.
- Heat the oil up in a Bain Marie, or water bath. Put the cannabis in the oil, let it simmer for about 15 or so minutes
- Cook this on low heat after taking it out of the water bath. You should keep it in there for about an hour or so to make sure the cannabinoids are able to decarboxylate properly. You should avoid potentially overheating this, since it does evaporate the THC after a certain period of time.
- Take the mixture and put it back in the water bath, cooking it for another two hours or so that the cannabinoids do properly infuse.
- You then filter this in a sieve to get all of the cannabis out of there, and make sure that the oil is all in a location
- Let it cool down a little bit, then also prepare the capsules in a means to fill it. Try to get about 24 capsules all at once, with the bigger parts of this in a larger part of the tray, and then the smaller parts of this in a tray which is smaller.
- With a pipette, syringe, or dropper, fill the larger parts of this, with only a millimeter margin to help with closing
- Close these with the right instructions in place, and you should do this manually with each one. You may want to wait till the oil is solid before doing this.
- Take the capsules out, put them in the fridge, and then, you can repeat this with more capsules until you use the oil all up.
This can be stored for a long time, up to a few months within the fridge, so long as you don’t give it humidity. If you want to conserve this optimally, consider throwing this in the freezer. You can also use a glass jar that’s tinted as well to make sure that it has the proper storage that it doesn’t end up degrading down. You can then look at the different capsules as well, and usually you get an approximation of the cannabinoids inside.